Winter Warming Soup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
4 kale leaves, thinly sliced
4 - 6 Bok Choy leaves, thinly sliced
A few cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon grated turmeric and ginger
- Optional spice blend:
⅛ teaspoon ground cumin &/or smoked paprika
½ teaspoon chili flake
Salt & pepper
- Warm coconut oil in a large pot.
- Saute onions until they soften then add garlic, and cook another minute.
- Toast optional spice blend then add to pot.
- Toss in celery and mushrooms and cook to wilt.
- Add ginger and turmeric.
- Add a few cups of water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until desired.
- Add Bok Choy and kale to wilt and serve warm.
- drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil
- top with finely chopped parsley, cilantro, scallions & sesame seeds
- Turmeric & Ginger Tea
- Use the peelings from the ginger and turmeric to make a nice tea. Steep in boiling water for a few minutes. Then enjoy!
- Compost the rest!
- Adapted from the Healthy Maven
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel