Rainbow Chard Frittata
This recipe is made extra special with swiss chard from the farm garden wall.
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
Approximately ½ bunch (5-7 leaves) of rainbow chard (remove stems)
Two garlic cloves
½ cup goat cheese
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Turn on the broiler.
- Place a 10-inch skillet on medium heat and add olive oil and sliced onion.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir until onions are soft and start to caramelize for about 20 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard and green garlic to the hot skillet and saute for a few minutes or until wilted.
- Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and crank one or two cons of freshly ground pepper.
- Sour a little more olive oil to the poor in eggs and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Gently stir onions and greens together to combine with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Tilt pan around to distribute egg and tuck in edges with a spatula.
- Keep a medium heat until the eggs are set on the sides.
- Turn off the stove and transfer the Skillet under the broiler, cook until golden brown on top, and the center is set for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Adapted from Seasons of Sol
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel