Pistachio Filled Baby Peppers, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes
1¼ cup roasted and salted pistachio nuts
6 - 7 oz Feta cheese
½ red bell pepper chopped
2 - 3 spring onions chopped
3 large cloves of garlic
1 bunch fresh mint chopped
6 cherry tomatoes
Juice of ½ a lemon
3 Medjool dates, remove the pits and chop
4 Roma tomatoes sliced ¼ in thick
6 baby bell mushroom caps save stems
6 baby bell peppers cut in half, clean out seeds and stem
Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 365°. Prepare a shallow large glass pie plate or a glass baking dish lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor place 1 cup of the pistachio nuts, cheese, garlic, ¼ of the chopped bell pepper, ¼ of the chopped spring onion, ½ bunch of chopped mint, the cherry tomatoes, mushroom stems, and lemon juice. Pulse to get it all mixed and process to desired smoothness much like a pâté but not too smooth. It should be thick, not runny. If you need to thin it a bit more add a few more cherry tomatoes.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add the remaining chopped bell pepper, spring onion, Medjool dates, chopped mint, and ¼ cup of pistachio nuts. Fold in until evenly distributed. The filling should be thick enough to spoon onto veggies and not run.
- Spoon filling on top of the sliced Roma tomatoes, fill the mushroom caps, stuff the baby bell pepper halves, and place on your prepped shallow glass baking dish or large glass pie plate. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until done and cooked through.
- Serve with a large salad and lemon vinaigrette. These can also be eaten without baking. Enjoy!
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel