Green Chilled Summer Gazpacho Soup
Romain leaves, handful spinach, or any mix of greens you like to equal 1 cup to 1½ cups of greens
1 tomato optional
½ Jalapeño without seeds and pith
2 – 3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
3 greens onions – 1 green onion chopped for garnish
½ teaspoon onion powder
2 – 3 cloves garlic
½ cup red bell pepper – ¼ cup finely chopped for garnish
whole avocado – ½ to put in and half cut into little chunks for garnish
1 – 2 juiced limes or lemon
½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar optional
Salt and pepper to taste
Toasted Nuts for garnish
Sprinkle with nutritional yeast or crumbled feta optional
- In a blender, place all ingredients except the finely chopped veggies for garnish and salt and pepper. Only put in the juice of one lemon or lime to start and a dash of apple cider vinegar, which is optional. You can adjust the acidity after blending.
- Blend until ALMOST desired smoothness. Start here to adjust the taste with salt and pepper, lemon, lime, and/or vinegar. If too tart, blend in one or two chopped Medjool dates or a 1/2 teaspoon honey or date syrup. Blend again until ALMOST desired smoothness. Again adjust and balance flavors. If you need to, blend to final smoothness. Chill down the blended soup in the fridge. When cold to your liking, stir as it may separate and look like a bit of water on top. Or you may serve at room temperature right away. When ready pour into bowls and garnish with all the chopped veggies and sprinkle with desired cheese, nutritional yeast, toasted nuts, or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Serve with crackers, toasted sourdough bread, or breadsticks! There are so many variations and flavors you can play with here. Enjoy!
- You can change flavors:
- Fresh basil, Italian seasoning, and grated Parmesan cheese – Italian
- Fresh mint and goat cheese – Mediterranean
- Cilantro, cumin, chili powder, and shredded cheddar cheese – Mexican
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel