With the unofficial start of summer coming up this weekend, it’s the perfect time for cocktail and mocktail inspiration. The recipes below are from our May members-only workshop, where we provided additional recipes, tips for creating a cocktail and garnish garden and other gardening tips.
Grow a Cocktail and Garnish Garden
If you’re intrigued by planting your very own cocktail and garnish garden, you can start with our Cocktail Pot Grow Kit. It’s an easy way to begin growing edible plants. The kit comes with certified organic seedlings (pre-grown starter plants), an organic amendment pack to boost your soil, a large premium felt pot and more. All you need to add is sun, soil and water.
Now here are your cocktail and mocktails recipes. Enjoy!
Blackberry Mint Mojito
This recipe is made extra special with mint from the farm garden wall.
4 teaspoons sugar
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
½ cup seltzer water
¼ cup rum
12 large mint leaves
- Muddle blackberries, mint leaves, sugar, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- Add seltzer and rum.
- Add ice.
- Stir well and serve.
Lemon, Blueberry, Basil Spritzer (Mocktail)
Lemon (cut into wedges)
¼ – ½ cup blueberries
4-6 Fresh basil leaves
- Fill glass with sparkling water
- Squeeze lemon into water
- In a small bowl, muddle blueberries and basil or crush together with a spoon
- Pour mixture into water
2 oz tequila
2 oz triple sec
1 tbs simple syrup
1 lime, juiced
3 sprigs cilantro
2 lime wedges
kosher salt or mint-infused salt
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a shaker. Shake with ice.
- Use sugar to coat glass rims, then pour drinks into glasses and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel