Planted Places doesn’t only teach you how to grow food in containers and in the Planted Wall, a vertical garden system. We also show you how to make delicious meals with what you harvest!
The Happy Food Chef Robin Joy is our resident chef at Planted Places. She specializes in vegetarian, vegan and raw food preparation. This easy recipe is great during the summer as we are growing dill and cucumbers!
Basic Homemade PicklesDifficulty: Easy
2 organic English cucumbers or 6 to 8 small pickling cucumbers sliced in circles
½ – ¾ cup chopped fresh dill
1 – 1½ cups raw coconut vinegar
Dash of water
½ cup white vinegar – optional
- In a large glass jar place cucumbers and chopped dill, and cover with coconut vinegar and white vinegar if you like. I do like mixing those 2 kinds of vinegar together.
- Add salt, optional, and a dash of water to cover the cucumbers completely with the liquids.
- Keep out for 5 hours or even overnight and then refrigerate.
- Ready to eat in a day or so and they keep for at least a week!
- As you get used to making these you will adjust the kinds of vinegar and salt to your liking. Great on a vegan Rueben sandwich, or any sandwich for that matter!