Basic Homemade PicklesDifficulty: Easy
2 organic English cucumbers or 6 to 8 small pickling cucumbers sliced in circles
½ – ¾ cup chopped fresh dill
1 – 1½ cups raw coconut vinegar
Dash of water
½ cup white vinegar – optional
- In a large glass jar place cucumbers and chopped dill, and cover with coconut vinegar and white vinegar if you like. I do like mixing those 2 kinds of vinegar together.
- Add salt, optional, and a dash of water to cover the cucumbers completely with the liquids.
- Keep out for 5 hours or even overnight and then refrigerate.
- Ready to eat in a day or so and they keep for at least a week!
- As you get used to making these you will adjust the kinds of vinegar and salt to your liking. Great on a vegan Rueben sandwich, or any sandwich for that matter!
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel