Roasted Veggies with Rosemary Salad
1 large sweet onion cut into wedges and separated
2 stems broccoli – stems cut in circles and small florets from the tops
1 large beet – cut in half and then cut each half. Then cut those halves in slices 1/4 in thick
1 – 2 cloves garlic cut into very fine thin slices
Fresh Rosemary to personal taste (one stalk)
Italian herb blend
Salt and pepper
Optional – olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, toss onion, beets, broccoli, rosemary, onion powder, Italian herb blend, pepper and balsamic vinegar about 1/4 cup enough to cover and lightly coat the veggies, not drench them.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes and toss every 10 minutes. Check for desired tenderness and toss and roast until done. Toss enough so they are nicely roasted on all sides but not charred.
- At the end add the fresh garlic, salt to taste and add a touch of olive oil if desired.
- This can be a side salad warm or cold or put on a leafy green salad or tossed with any grain like brown rice, farro, or pasta or tossed with lightly pan wilted greens such as mizuna, arugula, kale or Swiss chard. Can also be made into a beautiful sandwich. Many options!
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel