Mint Beet Salad with Balsamic Dressing
2 large beets skinned and cubed
1/2 cup or bunch of chopped mint to taste
1 large shallot thinly sliced
1/2 cup pecan halves and pieces
2 cloves garlic
handful chopped dried and pitted bing cherries
1/4-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
Oil olive to taste
- In a saucepan, boil beets in spring or filtered water until tender but still firm.
- Boil off most of the water and save about 3 – 4 tablespoons of the liquid beet water.
- Take out the beets and put in a bowl.
- In the bowl, add the pecans, some should be full halves and some pieces.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mint.
- Into the pot with the remaining beet water, add the vinegar and maple syrup. Heat quickly so it starts to look like a glaze.
- Turn off heat and add the garlic and 1/2 of the remaining mint, still leaving the rest of the mint to garnish with at the end.
- Stir well in the pot (deglaze) remove from the pot into a small bowl and drizzle in olive to taste. Serve!
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel