Yield: 4 burgers
This recipe is made extra special with Arugula, Chives, Oregano and Lettuce from the farm garden wall.
- ½ medium onion
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano *
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives *
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced red pepper
- Ketchup and mustard
- Chop the onion.
- Place in a bowl with the ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, egg, oregano, chives, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
- Add breadcrumbs, and mix together well.
- Shape into four patties and press the patties into ¾ inch thick rounds.
- Heat the canola oil frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties for five minutes on each side.
- Serve on buns, with the condiments of your choice.
Recipe Inspiration was taken from Martha Rose Shulman’s Turkey Burger Recipe
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel