This recipe is made extra special with strawberries from the farm garden wall.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 cup strawberries from the wall, hulled
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch baking dish with oil or butter.
- Using your hands or a potato masher, mash the berries to release all their juices, and stir in 1/3 cup of the brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar, milk, and salt, then add the flour and baking powder and continue whisking just until the batter is smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the greased baking dish, and spread evenly.
- Spoon the strawberries and all their juices over the top of the cake batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or just when a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes before spooning into bowls.
Tip: Tastes best when served with warm with ice cream.
Recipe Inspiration was taken from Jerrelle Guy, Strawberry Spoon Cake
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel