Yield: 4 glasses
This recipe is made extra special with Basil from the farm garden wall.
- 1 batch Simple Syrup
- 3 (1-inch-long) lemon peel strips
- 3 large fresh basil leaves
- 1.5 Ounces of Gin (per serving)
- Lemon seltzer water
- Garnish: basil leaves and lemon peel twists
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a shaker, add the following 3 ingredients
- Add 1.5 ounces of Gin
- Add .5 ounce of basil-lemon infused simple syrup
- Add juice of 1/2 lemon
- Shake and pour over glass filled with ice
- Top off with seltzer water and stir
- Garnish with basil leaves and lemon peel twists
- *For a mocktail, substitute Gin with 1 liter lemon-flavored seltzer water to taste.
- Combine 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat; Stir in lemon peel strips and large fresh basil leaves.
- Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into bowl; discard solids.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Follow Planted Places on your favorite Social Media Channel